6.27.2011

Mandalas: stop. listen. breathe.


stop.


listen.


breathe.

"stop. listen. breathe." A Triptych by Kaylee Hinrichs. May 2011. Inks.

This is the first Mandala triptych I've done, and I'm head over heels for it.

I made this triptych without much thought. I simply picked out the colors and started working. I ended up using only yellow, gold, ochre, light blue, dark blue, teal, purple, and indigo. (Also known as, my absolute favorite color scheme.)

Once I finished, it resembled a stoplight. I thought of how I would interpret a stoplight into mandalas and what they would symbolize. The end result is "stop. listen. breathe."
I spend a lot of time hoping that more people will stop what they're doing, listen to what their heart is saying, and simply breathe. I think people, myself included, spend way too much time on things which don't fulfill us or make us happy. We spend a lot of time on auto-pilot, doing things that we think we should be doing.

Here's a friendly reminder: We have a finite amount of time to live, spend it doing things that make you feel alive.

peace & love,
kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment