2.05.2011

To start off, I figure I'll give a little history for my artistic life and career so far. 

"Build It Up, Break It Down"
(A Self-Portrait)
Medium: Mixed Media
Date: Spring 2008
Size: 1 1/2 ft. X 1 1/2 ft.
I've always been extremely creative. Even as a little girl, I was always creating, coloring, drawing. I had the eye of a designer, instinctively knowing basic design principles. My true passion in art didn't develop until I was about 10 years old, when one of my watercolor paintings was selected for an art show. 
After that, I spent my lunches and recesses in the art room. Just painting and painting. I could always be found with a sketchbook in my backpack which I doodled and drew in during class.

"Woman Of Color"
Medium: Watercolor/Inks
Date: 2009
Print: $50
Size: 8 1/2 in. X 11in.

When it came time for high school, I knew that I couldn't just go to any school. So, I left my childhood friends and went to a different school; The New School for Arts. There, I progressed beyond what I ever imagined I could do. I quickly become Advanced in Mixed Media, and was represented by Art One Gallery in Phoenix, Arizona for my entire high school span. At 16 years old, I graduated from The New School for Arts with a College Preparatory / Scholastic Diploma. 

"Deep Down"
Medium: Chalks, charcoals
Size: 2 ft. X 2 ft.
Date: 2008

During my last year, I met Daniel Icaza in Tempe, Arizona while he was studying at Arizona State University. After he graduated with a BFA, we moved to Costa Rica, where Daniel is from. 

Currently, I have my own art studio which I am constantly re-decorating and re-doing. But, I make a lot of artworks and crafts. I'm trying to make a living by doing the thing I know how to do best: creating art.

I'd love to hear about other artists' stories of how they got started in art. 
Feel free to leave feedback in the comments! I'd love to hear from you. 

-KAYLEE

No comments:

Post a Comment