2.07.2011

The Great Painting (The Life Span of a Painting)

 2 weeks


 7 weeks

(Post 3-month procrastination) Nov. 2010


Feb. 2011 (Final Edition)
"The Great Painting"
(The Beginning)
Date: June 2010 - February 2011
By: Kaylee Hinrichs
Size: 3ft. x 4ft.
Medium: Acrylic
Price: $1,500

The meaning of this painting, in my opinion, is showing re-birth.
The phoenix is the most well-known symbol of re-birth, as it is said that the fiery bird dies and rises again from it's ashes. I believe the phoenix is a powerful symbol on a personal level. To symbolize the strength to start all over again. Even when it's the last thing you want to do. 
On a larger scale, it represents the birth of humanity. And also the death of humanity. 
And that we have a special purpose in this world. 
So, even if we fail, we have the strength to start all over again. 


I love this painting, dearly. 
-KAYLEE




I'll be adding a few more touch ups, but this is the last edition of the Work In Progress. 
I enjoy seeing the changes and progress of the painting. I probably should have photographed it more frequently to show a more distinct process. But, I'll just have to do that next time.




















No comments:

Post a Comment