2.07.2011

New Art Journal Pages


I am an art journal fanatic. I currently have 9 sketchbooks and art journals that I'm working in. (Very slowly.) The three in the picture are the ones that I find myself using the most. I have completed some drawings and started some new things to share.


This is my favorite art journal. I collaged it with some fancy papers, old collage materials, and Banana Paper. It has a matching pocket on the inside of the front cover. It's also completely laminated, so any mod podge, gesso, or paint can be removed easily without damage to the covers.

The first page after opening the cover is:


I really liked this page. The materials I used were: dictionary pages and antique magazines, with gesso, watercolors, chalk pencils, and Liquid Copper (a wonderful material to have). I think what I have is a really great background. So, I'm planning to go over it with a drawing or pen & ink. I haven't quite decided...

*****

This drawing is from the 3rd journal in the stack (from the photo at the top of this article).


This is a work in progress as well, the vortex is the last thing that needs to be filled. This artwork taught me two major things about creating artwork.

1. Practice makes perfect. You must practice if you ever want to be perfect at anything.
Sometimes I feel a lot of pressure to create masterpieces every time I pick up a paintbrush. And this artwork taught me that I can't do that and shouldn't do that.

2. The new Stabilo pens are amazing and I love them.


Anyways, I was going to share one more drawing... But I'm going to wait until I get a little farther along until I start showing my progress.

Does anybody else have a wicked cool art journal that they're working in?
I'd love to see some of your pages!

-KAYLEE



No comments:

Post a Comment