9.24.2011

Happy Bee


"Happy Bee" by Kaylee Hinrichs. September 2011. Ink. 8.5" x 5.5"
(Pardon the first photo, I know it's an eyesore.)

Well, I think I've officially come to terms with losing all of my things in the computer update. I've managed to realize that I needed to clean out and organize my laptop for a long time. I just didn't know where to begin. And now, I don't have to worry about it. I can start over again clean.

I've been working very sporadically. It's been incredibly hard for me to keep my focus on one thing for too long. So, in a midst of looking for inspiration, I started sketching honeybees. Along with this drawing, I have two others I'm making of bees in their honeycomb. I think I started making these to decorate my studio with.

I thought it was quite ironic that I was creating so much artwork around honeybees, considering they're symbolic of inspiration and creativity. In ye' olden days, artists would ask the honeybee to inspire them and drive their creative pursuits.

In addition to my new drawings, I'm trying to organize my new art studio. It's been taking a lot more energy and time that I initially thought it would. But I have quite a lot of fun decorating and organizing in there. I play music, dance around, put pictures on the walls, hang garlands, fold fabrics, thinking up creative "storage solutions". Part of me just can't wait for it to be complete and finished, so I may work peacefully again!

Well, I'm off to go get some work done!
Do you like honeybees? Their stingers made me afraid of them for so long!
-kaylee

1 comment:

  1. That's such a cute drawing of that bee. Yes, I have to admit, I still am scared of bees. Hahaha.
    Cute blog! :)

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete