9.09.2011

Feather Hair-Pieces



A few nights ago I completed my first original hair-piece design. I've been tinkering with the design of this for almost a year now. (If you could see "Attempt #1", you would probably laugh.) Finally, I've found a way to wear feathers in my hair without any tedious tying, wrapping, sewing, or anything. It's just a little hoop fixture that can be slipped onto anything. (I clip mine in with a bobby pin.) It's really simple and quick to put it on and remove it. Success!

After finishing it, I wore it in my hair as a test for 3 days. It's just perfect. I love it. So, I took that as a sign to make more and share them with the world. Here are a couple of my latest completed pieces.


("Dear One" by Kaylee Hinrichs. Sept. 2011. Natural Hemp, Wood Beads, Glass Beads, Feathers, Steel.)


("Clouds" by Kaylee Hinrichs. Sept. 2011. Natural Hemp, Glass Beads, Feathers, Steel.)



Here is a close up shot of the fixtures I create by hand for each of the feather decorations. They are cute little steel coils with hoops on the top.

I'm going to be sharing the full collection of hair-pieces soon. Also, I'm planning to share photographs of how the hair-pieces look when being worn. I have very, very exciting things in the works. I don't want to spoil the surprises, so I won't say anymore!
 -kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment