9.19.2011

When It Rains, It Pours

While finishing my breakfast this morning, my computer installed a little update, like it always does. But, lo and behold, this update would delete every single file on my computer. From my photos, to my downloads, to my music, to my bookmarks. All gone. 

I'm still shocked. These things always happen when everything seems to be going right.

My thoughts are racing around like bumble bees inside my head. With everything gone, I feel torn between two feelings. Depression and liberation. Devastation and freedom. I would like to be pleased to start clean, new, fresh. But, my heart aches for everything I lost. 

The one thing that is really irreplaceable are all of the photos of my artworks and friends. As the artworks are sold and gone. And my friends are a thousand miles away and I haven't seen them in a year and a half. Those are the things that I miss the most.



So, here I am, feeling deflated and confused. I know the only thing left to do is start again.

I'm not sure exactly what this experience is supposed to teach me, but I'm trying to be open to a meaningful reason. I think eventually I'll see some grand karma at work here, but for now, I'm stunned.

I'm not immediately ready to figure out how to handle this situation. I don't want this mishap to stop me from blogging or getting ready for my shop opening. But, I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a few days away from the blog.

Please have some patience with me while I recover. I truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.
Thank you.
-kaylee

1 comment:

  1. tell me you don't have a mac. i would die if mine did that. i am so sorry for your loss :( but clean slates are always great, especially with a new season. try to just fill it back up with fun new happenings! :)

    ReplyDelete