3.14.2011

Watercolors, Inks, and Buttons, Oh My!

To celebrate Daniel's Mother's birthday, I decided to make a special mixed media project for her. I've been going absolutely crazy about hand-sewing techniques in my projects. I've done about 5 projects so far which incorporate hand-sewing and thread work. I really love the intimacy of hand-sewing things to my projects. It makes me feel a very strong connection to the work.

Anyways, enough about sewing. Let's see the art!


By: Kaylee Hinrichs
By: Kaylee Hinrichs

Ana's Flowers
Medium: Watercolor, Inks, Buttons
Size: 10in. x 6in.
Date: March 2011
By: Kaylee Hinrichs

This artwork originally came to me in a dream. I saw these exact flowers (minus the buttons), and replicated them in an artwork. I knew once I decided on the composition and palette, that these flowers should be given to Daniel's mom. It just felt right. So, I named them "Ana's Flowers". 

I really, really enjoyed making this project. Hopefully you enjoyed seeing it, because I'm going to be making more of these kinds of things soon.

What do you think? Do you like my color choice? Do you think the buttons are too much? 
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
-kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment