3.14.2011

The Art Studio Version 3.0

Finally. 
After all the irritation, the sweat, the blood, and the tears, I have finally created a studio that I love. (Although I've been driving myself crazy trying to come up with a great name for my studio,) I am incredibly proud of my wonderful space. Here's a peek at my efforts.


I have two worktables, but this is the one I prefer to work at. I took this picture while working, so things are a bit messy. But I suppose that's a good thing really.

\
This is my other worktable. I use this area primarily for mixing my paints, making palettes, and for works-in-progress that need a flat space to dry. On the shelves I keep my most needed painting supplies (palette knives, color guides, viewfinders, tools, brushes). 

And this is my inspiration board / incense area. My inspiration board currently hosts a "Wishlist" and postcards from other artists. I'm planning to add much more to this, but for now, it's wonderful.
I love incense and candles. They really inspire me to work and make me feel creative. It's a crucial part of my meditating process, and my morning routine when I open up my studio for the day.

I'll admit it: I'm absolutely obsessed with art studios. Sometimes I like to daydream about the studio I would love to have. 

My questions: Do other artists feel this way about their studios? Do you feel this way about your creative space? Is it a place that cultivates your creativity or does it drain it away? Is the art studio a neccessary part of your life as a creative person? Do you feel like your space could use some shaping up? 

Leave a comment below with your thoughts and opinions, I'd love to hear from you!
-kaylee


No comments:

Post a Comment