3.14.2011

New Mixed Media Diptych - "A Beat In Your Chest"

I would like to introduce my newest Mixed Media Series, which currently does not have a name.
This series has got me incredibly excited. After I imagined the premise and theme for this series, I jumped right in and started making it.

And I haven't felt so proud, pleased, and excited by my own artwork in a long time. This series is going to expand into many different things. I'm debating around a few names for the series, some compositions, and ideas, so I'm just itching to get into the studio... (Basically, I am saying that I would honestly rather be making art than writing a blog post.)

So without further ado, I'd like to present my newest artwork. (Click to enlarge photos, but please don't copy them/save them/steal them. I work very hard to create these, please respect my efforts to protect my artwork.)

"A Beat In Your Chest" - A Diptych
(Inspired by: Add This Song by Gus Gus)
Mediums: Dictionary paper, magazine paper, textured paper, threads, inks, watercolors
Date: 3/13/2011
By: Kaylee Hinrichs



"Stuck"
Part I

"Stuck"
Pt. I
(detail)

"No State"
Pt. II


"No State"
Pt. II
(detail)

I'm going to be producing many, many more of these style works. I hope you like them, because there's much to come. 

If you have any feedback, advice, recommendations, critiques, comments, adorations, etc., I'm all ears! 
-kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment