1.30.2012

Hello 2012: A Shop Update

To celebrate the new year, I decided to put together a little shop update! This update consists of two small collections of jewellery that I'm extremely proud of. With the start of this new year, I started to look more closely at my shop and this blog, to see what I could improve upon. Well, after a few brainstorming sessions, I've begun making some small changes here and there. I'd love to share my new creations and the changes that are happening in my shop.



All of these lovely handmade goods were created December 2011 through January 2012, and are now available for purchase in the Birch & Bees Shop. I hope you enjoy!


Wirework Earrings & Pendants

((Top Line, Left to Right) Embraced // Blue Lotus // Beached // Gold Swirl // In The Woods)

These wire-work jewelry pieces are the result of a late-night studio session. I loved the process of creating these pieces that I made the entire collection in one sitting. These beauties are something I'm incredibly proud of. I actually spent time in Daniel's Metals Studio, learning about making wire and changing it's thickness/gauge. I adore working with wire, particularly wrapping/trapping shells and things. I can't wait to experiment more with wire-working in the future!


Miniature Dream-Catcher Pendants

((Top Line, Left to Right) Fledgling // Fawn // Cub)

My favorite products to make and sell are the dream-catcher pendants. I adore each and every one I create. The (almost) standard size for a regular pendant is around two inches (in diameter), but now I've added miniatures! These adorable catchers are one inch (in diameter), and are updated versions of the regular Dream-catchers, having painted feathers, microbeads, and some one-of-a-kind glass beads.

(Interesting Fact: My idea for the miniature Dream-Catchers is that they would be named after baby woodland creatures, hence the names: Fawn, Cub, and Fledgling. I thought it was quite clever and cute!)


(These are a few Instagrams of this collection coming together that I've shared over the past couple months.)

And finally, here are a few of the big things changing with my shop:

I'm improving my shop photography immensely by practicing taking pictures frequently, testing different lighting situations, and taking hundreds of photos during each photoshoot.

I'm actually planning look-book photoshoots, instead of haphazardly putting something together. This is a long, difficult process, but I think it's worth it in the end.

I'm changing my pricing structure a bit. (More about this later.)

I'm buying new supplies from local/online small businesses. This makes me feel a lot happier inside about what I'm creating and selling.

I'm creating an entirely new packaging system. With pretty boxes, papers, and decorations. The whole nine yards.

I have over a half dozen work tables. Making jewellery, designing ideas, sewing, pinning fabric, paper crafts. doing paper work (like budgeting), packaging products to send out, painting, photographing products and DIY's. I officially have a space for every task I need to do on any given day.

I'm dedicating 100% effort, focus, and motivation towards my shop. So much of my happiness comes from working on it. This year I want to bring it to the next level. (Very excited!)


I hope you like what you see! Its been fun to work on this little shop update. I put a ton of love into this small collection, I would love to hear what you think of it!


peace&love,
kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment