5.19.2012

Collaged Jewelry Display






I've wanted to make a jewelry display for a long time. I'm lucky enough to have quite a few pieces made by Daniel. I also create some types of jewelry. My jewelry box is literally over-flowing with different kinds of handmade jewelry pieces. So, I decided to whip up a really simple, artsy jewelry display.

This project turned out to be a lot of fun and a pretty quick fix for what I needed. While I have some other ideas for cool jewelry displays, this one was the easiest to start with. I used song lyrics to inspire the theme and feeling for the piece. The lyrics are from "I Know, I Know, I Know" by Tegan & Sara. (Whom are some of my favorite musicians ever. I shared my favorite album earlier this week.)

I took a large foam board, covered in newspapers, painted with the lyrics I love. And I collaged some kraft paper, a pretty photograph, one of my old anatomy drawings, lace, a twig, sequin strings, paint swatches, and a paper doily. I just grabbed a bunch of materials and starting putting them all together.

I love this piece. Right now it adorns the space where I package goodies to send off to people. I find it so inspiring to look at while working.

peace & love,
kaylee

1 comment: