10.11.2012

Uncommon Portraiture


(All Paintings by Carne Griffiths from "Fragments Series")

I'm going to be very honest, "portraiture" is one of my lesser preferred forms of creating. I hadn't realized that I simply haven't met the type of portraiture I like. And these pieces from Carne Griffiths really struck me. The aesthetics of his work is flooring. The shapes, the movement, the color, and the "collage" type appearances. Beyond the beauty of the pieces, the  concept is equally thrilling.
"Carne’s images explore both human and floral forms, figuratively and in an abstract sense. He is fascinated by the flow of line and the ‘invisible lines’ that connect us to the natural world. These may be considered lines of energy or spiritual connections between ourselves and our surroundings and his work is often an emotional response to images and situations encountered in daily life." -from Griffith's Biography (Read more about Griffith and his work here...)
Carne Griffith | www.carnegriffiths.com 



peace & love,
kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment