6.09.2012

Twelve Mandalas

I started making Mandalas again while on my vacation. I created 12 full color ink Mandala drawings in my sketchbook. I'm very proud of the Mandalas I made, and each one represents something different and special. They symbolize feelings like love, trust, and safety. But also encompass ideas of spirituality, personal growth, and similar concepts.

 
"Mandala #1: Four Corners". By Kaylee Hinrichs. May 2012. Inks.


"Mandala #2: Flower of Life". By Kaylee Hinrichs. May 2012. Inks.


"Mandala #3: Change & Growth". By Kaylee Hinrichs. May 2012. Inks.


"Mandala #4: Spiraling". By Kaylee Hinrichs. May 2012. Inks.


"Mandala #5: To Infinity & Beyond". By Kaylee Hinrichs. May 2012. Inks.


"Mandala #6: The Elements". By Kaylee Hinrichs. May 2012. Inks.


"Mandala #7: With The Flow". By Kaylee Hinrichs. May 2012. Inks.


"Mandala #8: Rain Flower". By Kaylee Hinrichs. May 2012. Inks.


"Mandala #9: Rainbow Lace". By Kaylee Hinrichs. May 2012. Inks.


"Mandala #10: Spirit & Soul". By Kaylee Hinrichs. May 2012. Inks.


"Mandala #11: With Love". By Kaylee Hinrichs. May 2012. Inks.


"Mandala #12: The Virgo". By Kaylee Hinrichs. May 2012. Inks.

Making Mandalas is one of my most favorite activities. I love to design new framework for each drawing, and use specific patterns of color to convey emotions and ideas. I'll probably continue to make these drawings for a long while as it is an incredibly relaxing process.

peace & love, 
kaylee

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, these are fantastic to look at. Have you thought about making these with colored sand? The same colors with just a little added texture would be fascinating.

    I'm glad Daniel linked to these!

    ReplyDelete